Do you suffer from acne but still love to wear makeup? If so then you are not alone. Many people who experience acne breakouts find themselves in this situation. Acne and makeup can co-exist if certain precautions are met, as long as you take the necessary precautions there is no reason why you can’t enjoy wearing makeup and still have healthy skin.
- Choose the right products: It is important to choose makeup that is formulated specifically for acne prone skin. Products designed to help acne rarely clog your pores and they often have oil-free and non-comedogenic ingredients. Additionally, opt for water-based or powder-based products.
- Always remove makeup: It is imperative to remove all traces of makeup before going to bed. Makeup can contribute to clogged pores, eventually causing breakouts. Makeup removal should also be done after workouts and any other instance where makeup is worn.
- Use fewer products: Using fewer products can also benefit your skin. Substituting a cream blush or lip tint will not only prevent clogged pores, but it is also gentler on the skin.
- Use harsh cleansers: Stay away from cleansers that contain harsh chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulfate. Harsh cleansers can strip away natural oils from your skin and cause redness, irritation and can even increase the frequency of breakouts.
- Ignore expiration dates: Makeup has a shelf life and that should not be ignored. Products that are past their expiration date can often cause irritation and sometimes even infection due to the added bacteria.
- Try not to touch your face: Touching the face with your hands or a makeup brush can transfer bacteria and lead to breakouts. Wash your hands before applying makeup and try not to touch your skin when applying cosmetics.
At times, it can be challenging to find a makeup routine that works well with acne-prone skin without making breakouts worse. By diligently following the right skin care regimen and taking the above do’s and don’ts into consideration, you will be on your way to healthier skin, and be able to enjoy wearing makeup without worry.
Keywords: Acne, Makeup, Skin Care, Breakouts, Natural Oils, Remove Makeup, Powder-Based Products, Water-Based Products, Harsh Cleansers, Expiration Dates, Touching Face.