What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED can cause psychological stress, and it can be a sign of health problems.
Common Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Low testosterone levels
Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
- Medication: Medications like sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra) can relax the muscles of the penis and allow more blood to flow in, creating an erection.
- Hormonal Therapy: Testosterone therapy is a way to treat men whose ED is caused by low testosterone levels.
- Psychological Counseling: Psychological counseling can help a man to manage the stress and anxiety associated with ED.
- Vacuum Devices: Vacuum devices are an effective treatment for ED. They work by creating a vacuum that pulls blood into the penis, creating an erection.
There are many treatments available for men with erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction medication can be an effective way to treat ED and help a man to regain his sexual health. Talk to your doctor about the best treatment for you.