Erectile Dysfunction Physical Exercise Explained
Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects a vast number of men, but this doesn’t mean it is an incurable disorder. In fact, some physical exercises can help with ED and its symptoms. Before we begin, let’s make sure you have the basic knowledge about erectile dysfunction and its causes.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to have and maintain an erection that is firm enough for sexual activities. It’s estimated that more than half of men aged over 40 suffer from ED. The most common causes of erectile dysfunction include:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
However, many men are also at risk due to stress, anxiety, and depression.
Physical Exercise for ED
Physical exercise is a great solution to the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Exercise is beneficial for improving erectile performance and vascular health. The most beneficial physical activities to treat ED vary, however some of the most recommended are:
- Aerobic Training
- Strength Training
- Stretching Exercises
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Additionally, regular physical activity also helps to reduce stress and anxiety that often give rise to erectile dysfunction. Studies have found that men who exercise more have a lower risk of having ED than those who remain sedentary.
How to Exercise for ED?
Once you have decided the type of exercise you have to do, you should establish a plan to follow. Setting specific goals and exercising regularly is essential. It is important to discuss with your doctor or physician what type of exercise and duration is best for you.
- Set Achievable Goals – It’s important to have an achievable goal that you can realistically work towards. Start with a goal of exercising at least three times a week, and gradually increase your goals, such as adding more weight or doing exercises for longer.
- Mix it Up – Variety is the spice of life – and your exercise program. Mix up your workout routine and take turns between aerobic exercise, weightlifting exercises, and stretching.
- Warm up and Cool down – You should always warm up and cool down before and after any exercise. This helps reduce stress on the body and prevents any injuries.
- Enlist the Support of Friends – Exercising with friends can help you enjoy it more and keep motivated.
Physical exercise is a great way to improve your erectile function and overall health. Make sure to consult with your doctor or physician to make sure you are doing the right type of exercise, and follow the tips above to ensure you are exercising in the right way.
Keywords: Erectile Dysfunction, ED,Physical Exercise, Aerobic Training,Strength Training,Stretching Exercises,High-Intensity Interval Training, HIIT.