Do you have Alopecia Areata and want to keep your hair healthy? Here are some helpful tips and dos and don’ts of hair care for alopecia areata that can help keep your boly follicles and hair healthy and strong.
Do’s of Hair Care for Alopecia Areata
- Do use a gentle shampoo to keep the scalp clean. Make sure there are no harsh chemicals in your shampoo or conditioner.
- Do use a wide-toothed comb for your hair. This will help to minimize pulling, tangling and breakage.
- Do limit the use of chemicals, styling tools and products on your hair. Avoid overstyling or heat styling your hair.
- Do wear hats or scarves in the sun to protect your scalp from the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays.
- Do get regular scalp massages and use a hair nourishing oil that is rich in Vitamin E.
- Do make sure you’re getting enough iron and biotin in your diet. Both of these nutrients play an important role in hair health.
Don’ts of Hair Care for Alopecia Areata
- Don’t wear tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows or ponytails.
- Don’t overbrush your hair. If you do, it can lead to more hair breakage.
- Don’t use products that make your scalp tingle or burn.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or colorants on your hair. Chemicals can be irritating and lead to further hair loss.
- Don’t use tight-fitting hats or headgear as these can lead to more hair loss.
- Don’t forget to manage your stress levels, as excessive stress can lead to further hair loss.
Keep in mind that the best way to manage alopecia areata is to look after your overall health and wellbeing. Healthy living, eating right and reducing stress levels can all help you to keep your hair looking and feeling its best.