Leading a healthy lifestyle includes maintaining a nutrient-rich diet that includes foods naturally packed with elastin. This naturally occurring protein helps the body to produce and maintain collagen and elastin, two of the major components of the skin that give it its elasticity and strength. It is important to know the top elastin-rich foods to best support your overall health, particularly of the skin, joints and cardiovascular system.
Top Elastin-Rich Foods for Your Diet and Health
- Fish – Many types of fish, such as mackerel, herring, trout, salmon, and tuna are rich sources of elastin due to their high Omega 3 fatty acids content.
- Apples – One of the best and most widely available sources of elastin. Apples are remarkably rich in elastin and provides a whole host of other health benefits.
- Beans & Legumes – Legumes such as beans, lentils and chickpeas are also packed with elastin as they are a powerhouse of protein.
- Whole-grains – Whole grains such as oatmeal, barley, quinoa, and wheat are also a great source of elastin and provide numerous other benefits.
- Berries – Berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, are all fantastic sources of elastin and contain other vitamins and minerals which can help strengthen skin.
Benefits of Adding Elastin-Rich Foods to Your Diet
Consuming a diet rich in elastin can be very beneficial for the overall health of your skin, cardiovascular system and joints.
- Encourages collagen production for firmer, more elastic skin with fewer wrinkles
- Increases circulation and reduces inflammation of joints
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Provides a steady source of vitamins and nutrients essential to the body’s overall well-being
Eating a healthy, elastin-rich diet is essential to maintain your overall health and wellbeing. Incorporating foods rich in elastin can help maintain collagen and elastin levels in the body, reducing wrinkles and promoting skin elasticity without resorting to Botox or cosmetic surgery. In addition, elastin-rich foods can benefit your cardiovascular system and improve the flexibility and mobility of your joints. All in all, elastin-rich foods are a great way to support your overall health and wellbeing.