What Are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in your anal and lower rectal area. They can range from light irritation to very painful, and even cause rectal bleeding. One of the most common treatments for hemorrhoids is natural remedies.
7 Natural Hemorrhoid Treatments:
- Fiber Rich Foods: Eating high fiber foods, like fruits, vegetables and whole grains, can help to soften your stools, improve digestion and reduce the pressure on your rectal veins.
- Hydration: Staying hydrated helps to prevent constipation and regulate digestion. Eight glasses of water a day is recommended.
- Exercise: Staying active helps to strengthen your muscles, regulate digestion, and increase blood circulation.
- Tub Soak: Sitting in a warm tub of water can improve circulation and soothe inflammation of the area.
- Topical Creams: Creams and ointments are available over the counter or by prescription to reduce swelling, itching, and pain.
- Witch Hazel Compress: Witch hazel is a natural astringent that can reduce swelling and itching.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which make it an effective treatment for hemorrhoids.
When To See Your Doctor
If natural remedies don’t provide relief, you may need to see a doctor to discuss other treatments. These include prescription medications, internal or external steroid injections, rubber band ligation, and surgical removal.
Although hemorrhoids can be painful, it is possible to treat your condition with natural, over the counter and prescription medications. Most cases of hemorrhoids can be treated without surgery. If you feel like your symptoms are worsening, then it’s time to speak with your doctor.
Keywords: Hemorrhoids treatments, fiber rich foods, hydration, exercise, tub soak, topical creams, witch hazel compress, apple cider vinegar.