How to Remove External Hemorrhoids at Home
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, are caused by swollen veins inside and around the anus. This can be incredibly painful and cause a multitude of other unpleasant symptoms, including itching and bleeding. Fortunately, there are methods of treating and removing external hemorrhoids at home. Read on to learn more.
What are the Causes of External Hemorrhoids?
External hemorrhoids are caused by excessive straining during bowel movements, due to constipation and hard stools. Other contributing factors may include pregnancy, obesity, and sitting for long periods.
Steps for Treating and Removing External Hemorrhoids
- Sitz bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water and sit for about 15-20 minutes. This will reduce inflammation and swelling, giving you relief. You can purchase a specialized sitz bath from any drug or medical store, or you can simply fill your tub with warm water. This can be done 2-3 times a day.
- Home Remedies: Applying natural remedies such as aloe vera, tea tree oil, and coconut oil can reduce inflammation and help to shrink the hemorrhoids. Additionally, fiber-rich foods such as vegetables, legumes and fruits can help ease constipation and reduce straining.
- Medication: Taking over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen can alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. Additionally, lidocaine ointment can be helpful to reduce itching and burning.
- Surgery: In extreme cases, surgical intervention may be required. This includes rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy, cryosurgery, and hemorrhoidectomy.
Tips for Preventing External Hemorrhoids
- Stool Softeners: Using stool softeners can help reduce straining during bowel movements, and therefore, help reduce the chance of hemorrhoids.
- Regular Exercise: Exercise helps to regulate bowel movements, and can help prevent constipation.
- Healthy Diet: Eating foods that are high in fiber can help to make stools softer, reducing straining and promoting regular bowel movements.
- High-Fiber Supplements: Taking fiber supplements can be helpful in maintaining regularity.
External hemorrhoids are caused by constipation, straining, and sitting for long periods. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to remove external hemorrhoids at home. These include sitz baths, home remedies, medication, and surgery. Additionally, you can take steps to prevent external hemorrhoids by maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine, taking stool softeners, and consuming high-fiber supplements.
Keywords: external hemorrhoids, remove hemorrhoids, home remedies, sitz baths, hemorrhoidectomy, prevention, fiber-rich foods, stool softeners, constipation, regular exercise