Varicose veins can affect people of all ages, but they are most common in those who are older or pregnant. Treatment for this condition can be difficult, but with the latest advancements in varicose vein treatment, those suffering from this condition now have more options. Here we’ll explain what you need to know, and health advice you should keep in mind.
Why Varicose Vein Treatment is Necessary
Varicose veins can cause serious issues if left untreated. Symptoms such as swelling, burning, and aching can be extremely uncomfortable and can interfere with daily activities. In some cases, varicose veins can lead to complications such as skin ulcers, blood clots, and deep vein thrombosis. This can lead to further health issues, so identification and treatment of varicose veins is essential.
What are the Latest Developments in Varicose Vein Treatment?
Three of the most popular options for varicose vein treatment right now include:
- Endovenous Ablation – a minimally invasive procedure which uses heat energy to collapse the vein, reducing symptoms.
- Sclerotherapy – the most commonly used treatment, made up of injections of a solution to seal off the vein.
- Surgery – this is the traditional method used to separate the affected vein from the healthy veins.
Health Advice for Varicose Vein Treatment
If you suffer from varicose veins, it’s important to seek medical attention so that you can determine the best course of action. In the meantime, there are a few health tips you can follow:
- Maintain a healthy diet, incorporate plenty of fibre, and stay hydrated.
- Exercise regularly and wear support hose to reduce the pressure on the veins.
- Elevate your legs to encourage better blood circulation.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods as this increases pressure in the veins.
If you’re experiencing varicose veins, it’s best to begin treatment as soon as possible to avoid further complications. With the latest advancements in varicose vein treatment, you can find a treatment method that works for you.
When it comes to your health, always remember to take a proactive approach and be aware of any changes to your body. With access to the latest treatments, you can get the relief from varicose veins you need.