How to Break Through a Plateau in Your Fitness Journey and Health
Reaching a plateau in your fitness journey and health can be frustrating and feel unmotivating. You may feel like you’re stuck and unable to move forward. Breaking through a plateau can be difficult but with a few changes and tricks, you can reach new heights in your fitness journey and see the results you want.
Here are some tips to help you break through a plateau and keep progressing on your fitness journey:
Plateaus happen when your body gets used to the same workout routine and is no longer challenged. To ensure that your body continues to make progress, vary up your workout routine by adding in different variations of exercises, such as adding in interval training or lifting heavier weights.
Set Clear Goals
When your goals are clear, you are more likely to stay motivated and continue to work towards them. Make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound).
Focus on Nutrition
Nutrition plays a major role in reaching your fitness goals. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet and getting the proper vitamins your body needs to stay healthy and reach new heights in your fitness journey.
Get Plenty of Rest
Rest and sleep are key for staying healthy and reaching your fitness goals. Make sure you are getting plenty of sleep and allow your body to rest and rebuild itself.
Breaking through plateaus in your fitness journey and health can be challenging, but with some dedication and the right strategies, you can continue to reach new heights.
What are important considerations when breaking through a fitness plateau?
1. Change up your routine: Change the type, duration and intensity of your workouts. Try something completely different like yoga or Pilates, or add intervals, or jump rope to your usual routine.
2. Incorporate weights: Resistance exercises help to build muscle and break through plateaus. Consider free weights or weight machines to target specific muscle groups.
3. Be mindful of rest: Make sure to get enough sleep, stay hydrated and fuel your body with plenty of nutrient-dense foods.
4. Do more reps: Keep the same weight and increase the number of reps.
5. Track your progress: Use a tracking app or write down your weight and strength improvement to keep track of your progress.
6. Take a break: If you’ve been working out for a long period of time, take a few days off to let your body recover. This can help to jumpstart progress.