Do Hemorrhoids Go Away?
If you have been asking yourself “do hemorrhoids go away”, the answer is yes, in some cases they do. Hemorrhoids can be a painful, bothersome, and embarrassing condition to experience, however, with the proper treatment and lifestyle modifications, it is possible for hemorrhoids to disappear.
What Are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the rectal area. They are caused by increased pressure in the surrounding veins, often the result of excessive straining during bowel movements, sitting for long periods of time, or pregnancy. Signs and symptoms of hemorrhoids include itching, burning, bleeding, and rectal pain.
Can Hemorrhoids Go Away?
Yes, in some cases hemorrhoids can go away on their own. In other cases, treatment or lifestyle modifications may be necessary to relieve pain and discomfort and help the hemorrhoids to shrink and heal.
How to Make Hemorrhoids Go Away
There are several steps you can take to relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids and promote healing:
- Eat a High-Fiber Diet – Eating more high-fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables can help relieve constipation and reduce strain on surrounding veins.
- Drink Plenty of Fluids – Drinking more fluids, especially water, throughout the day can help soften your stools, reduce straining, and make bowel movements more comfortable.
- Exercise Regularly – Getting regular exercise helps promote general wellness and can help reduce the pressure placed on the veins in the rectal area.
- Apply Sitz Baths and Ice Packs – Applying sitz baths or ice packs can help reduce swelling, itching and pain in the rectal area.
- Over-the-Counter Medications – Over-the-counter medications and ointments, such as hemorrhoid creams and suppositories, can also help reduce pain and swelling.
In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the hemorrhoids. During this procedure, the swollen veins are cauterized or cut, allowing the swelling and irritation to go away.
When to See a Doctor
If your hemorrhoids are persistent and do not improve with lifestyle modifications or over-the-counter medications, speak with your doctor. Your doctor may prescribe stronger medications or recommend a procedure to help reduce swelling, pain, and itching.
If you are wondering “do hemorrhoids go away”, the answer is yes. With the right treatment plan and lifestyle modifications, you can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of hemorrhoids and help them heal. But if you have persistent pain and swelling, talk to your doctor for more advice.