Compression Stockings for Varicose Veins
Are varicose veins making you feel uncomfortable? If yes, you should look into compression stockings as an option to provide you with relief. Compression stockings are a common treatment to help with the symptoms associated with varicose veins.
What Are Compression Stockings?
Compression stockings are medical grade garments worn on the legs and feet. These stockings help to increase pressure in the lower legs and feet, which in turn reduces the pressure on the varicose veins and provides relief. The greater the number of mmHg, the greater the amount of compression being applied.
Benefits of Compression Stockings
- Reduces Pain: Compression stockings help to relieve the pain and discomfort associated with varicose veins.
- Reduces Swelling: The compression provided by the stockings helps to reduce fluid buildup, which can cause swelling and discomfort.
- Improves Blood Flow: The compression provided by the stockings helps to improve circulation and reduce the pressure on varicose veins.
Types of Compression Stockings
There are a variety of different types of compression stockings available. Some of the most common types are:
- Knee High: Knee high compression stockings provide coverage up to the knee, making them a good option for those looking for added support.
- Thigh High: Thigh high compression stockings provide coverage up to the thigh, making them a good option for those with more severe varicose veins.
- Waist High: Waist high stockings provide coverage up to the waist, making them a great option for those with larger legs.
Compression stockings have been shown to be a safe and effective way to reduce the pain and discomfort associated with varicose veins. They are available in a variety of lengths and sizes, and can be found online or in medical supply stores. If you are looking for relief from your varicose veins, compression stockings may be the answer for you.
Keywords: compression stockings, varicose veins, mmHg, knee high, thigh high, waist high